B4

My thoughts exploring Angel's blog was that he really has a passion for theater and performances. He has many posts throughout the years delving deep in to many works. The first one I looked at was Mary Poppins. He discussed how the Return of Mary Poppins had a reputation to live up to and whether or not it would be as good as the original. He talks about how the first presentation you see Walt Disney presents, and how it really gives the feel of something beginning, adventures to come. He talks about how the general plot is a family in distress. I was surprised he swore on his blog too, but if it's your own blog you really are allowed to write anything you want. I have seen Mary Poppins performed in New York City a couple years ago and thought it was amazing. They did a really good job at capturing the story and doing their best to reenact it. Angel talks about the the spectacular effects of image and sound, and during the live show I can totally agree. I remember the musical numbers being so fun and exciting to watch. There were many dancers and people moving all about. Even though we were kind of far away from the stage you could still see everything fine and defiantly hear everything as the music and dialogue was over speakers. He ends his blog post kind of vague in my opinion saying, the things that you think are lost can be closer than they seem. But anyway my favorite part during the live Mary Poppins was the end when they actually had her drift out into the audience floating out under her umbrella, it was all quite magical and for my young mind it was quite an experience to see performed versus the movie I had watched probably a million times.
   
Another post that I connected to was Fiddler on the Roof which can be found in his February archives. I used to watch this movie when I was younger with my little brother, I remember singing If I was a Rich Man as kind of our inside joke.  This song was a number sung my Tevye, a Jewish milkman struggling to accept the change the new world is bringing also dealing with finding good husbands for his three daughters. In his song he talks about how it is not a shame to be poor to it him, however it is not a great honor. He goes on in this musical number around his barn imaging if he had a three story house and a yard with all the livestock he could handle. I just always really enjoyed this movie but I have never seen it performed or live or anything of that sort so it was interesting to see what comments Angel had over it. He talked about how the plot and songs and musical numbers were integrated so well. At the bottom of his post he actually included a video of three young girls singing the musical number Matchmaker which is a scene in which the daughter are talking about the types of husbands they hope to get from the matchmaker. During this time and location it was quite common for a women, sometimes a widow of the community of match make the young girls with eligible.  bachelors. The girls did a really good job, it was fun to see them singing the song but not just singing, they were portraying the chapters as much as if they were on a stage. 

So overall, I thought that Angels blog was good, he had a lot of content to browse through. But one thing I have for criticism is his set up, his posts were often very long and seemed to drone on sometimes, he could of used some design tactics to break up the text or play around with fonts to make it a lighter read. His content however had such a range of genres that it wasn't hard to find something that I liked or connected too. This is important I think when creating a blog because you never know who might read your posts so to be able to have all types of content to create interest in anyone I think is important. He could develop his profile a bit more though, so when you click it you can see some type of bio to be able to reference so you can kind of get to know the author a little bit more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Performance Art

Opt Illusion Hands

Performance Artists