Opt Illusion Hands

This is my Xerox project, it's called "Life". I choose to fashion my hands in this type of optical illusion in a spiral because it symbolizes my life. How there are many feelings and emotions can be felt through my day and how they can change. This is represented through the position my hands are in. The open hand kinda of meaning like welcoming and happy, the peace sign as content, and the scrunched up one as struggle or challenge. I thought it looked really cool in the end with the use of different shades of black and white. The fingers in the middle I thought just looked cool I didn't have a specific meaning for them but as I'm looking at it now it kind of looks like a compass in the hand or something. I added the light in the second picture to give it a cool filter.















Comments

  1. I like the way you added depth to this piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. The effect you got from just photocopying one part of your body is incredible. I think the simplicity of just using the hands makes it end up looking more uniform. At some point it stops looking at hands and just becomes an abstract work of art on it's own. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Performance Art

Performance Artists