B1

Hello, my name is Taylor Oettel, I'm a sophomore at the University of Tampa. Originally I was raised in Chicago but originally born in Kazakhstan. It's been really nice living here in Tampa, the weather is perfect and the people are really nice. My major is communications with a minor in entrepreneurship. I don't have a specific career goal set just to love what I do and be financially stable. I really do consider art as one of my passions. It just seems these last couple years it's been put on the back burner with so many other focuses going on. In high school I really loved wheel throwing it was always so calming and would be such a relief to go to that class, it kind of gave me a escape from the rest of the world for a little bit. Other forms or art I enjoy are painting, sketching, doodling, and collages. So I'll have to see how this class goes regarding those I am a little nervous because I am out of practice so hopefully I can get all my ideas out there to make some decent looking projects.

One thing that I expect to learn in this class is the art added with technology. Technology today is prominent in almost all parts of our lives, it can relate to almost anything.  I am hoping that I can learn more skills in this area as my skills in digital arts is not very practiced, I have only just dabbled in editing software. But I hope to improve in that area as well as learn new programs. I think that this will really help benefit me because in my major many things are based around technology and where that is going in the future. To be able to learn some of my own creating tactics digitally I think will really add to my skill set. It's really good to have some hard skills on a resume like being able to work certain programs making content that can be used for all types of things.

My first feelings of the class are that it will be interesting but also a challenge. I look forward to seeing what the rest of the semester has to bring. I am interested in knowing how to create my own content from scratch and be able to easily maneuver programs that I did not know before. I am curious to see what our projects will be and what I will learn from them in the process about my own self. I really do enjoy creating things so it is exciting to have a class that might more centered more around that than just the everyday lecture and textbooks.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Performance Art

Opt Illusion Hands

Performance Artists